Some helpful information on Park/Holiday Home Insurance...

As part of the Park Home agreement you are required to maintain Insurance cover at all times because your Holiday home is as vulnerable to risk damage as your main home is.

However, you do need to think about elements of cover that maybe isn't found on a standard household insurance policy.

For example:
Public Liability insurance – You need to be covered for the unlikely event that an injury or death should occur to a third party on your property.
Unoccupied cover – Most policies do not cover the property when empty for more than 30 days.
Accidental Damage / Malicious Damage – Damage caused by other owners or visitors to the park
Alternative Accommodation – If property becomes uninhabitable following an insured claim.
Home Emergency cover – Access to a 24 hour Help line or loss of keys or boiler breakdown for example.

Holiday Homes can be considered a greaker risk by the majority of insurers due to the potentially long periods when it is unoccupied.

It is advisable to use a reputable and specialist company that understands your requirements so if your Park home or lodge is your main home you need a company that can also help here too.

One company that has knowledge and experience of park homes and has designed a policy for residential park homes that includes all the aspects of a high quality policy as standard. Omar insurance meets the specialist requirements thaat are unique to this non-standard style of home. They don't use call centres or automated systems and you can talk directly with their staff to help build a policy that really meets your needs.

Some of the covers they can include are as follows:

· Full accidental damage cover for buildings and contents
· Legal expenses (which includes cover for disputes between park home owners and park operators)
· Personal possessions, money and credit cards away from home,
· Pedal cycles (up to £200 per cycle automatically included in contents)
· Wheelchairs/scooters
· Sports equipment
· Freezer and refrigerator contents (£250 cover automatically included)
· Additional cover included: Key/Lock Cover, Temporary Accommodation, Wedding/Christmas Gift Cover and more.
· 24 Hour Home Emergency cover (to include Boiler Breakdown for units under 15 years old).

Omar Insurance pride themselves on a personal service and an extensive knowledge of the Holiday Home market and would be very happy to speak with you about your insurance requirements.

You can contact your Omar Insurance/ representative Nick Bailey on 07884 436037 or visit their website